PARTICIPATION RULES FOR ARTISTS
Presentation deadline: Monday 5 March 2018 at 3.00 pm
Fira Mediterrània Manresa has an interdisciplinary programme, consisting of visual arts, circus, dance, exhibitions, music, storytelling and theatre. Arts projects can be submitted under two main themes:
- Traditional Culture: based on elements that include the transfer of heritage, the crossover between contemporary creation and traditional regional culture, participation and the increase of the social foundations of culture.
Suitable projects: visual performing arts, circus, dance, exhibitions, music, storytelling, theatre, community and/or participatory shows, family shows, among others.
- World Music and folk, traditional or contemporary music that is connected to its local region, with special emphasis on the Mediterranean.
Performances may be small, medium or large-scale format and aimed at adult and/or family audiences.
- Artistic quality and interest.
- Proposals must fit with the Fira programme themes.
- Completely new productions, never staged before either in Catalonia or in Spain.
- Potential success of the proposal.
- Professional approach and interest shown in Fira as a place for meetings, dialogue and exchange.
- Performances for more than one session reaching a larger professional audience.
Proposal submission period
The deadline for submitting proposals is 5 March 2018, at 3.00 pm.
There will be an ongoing assessment of proposals received from the start of the submission period.
Important: presenting a proposal implies acceptance of these rules.
Submitting your proposal
Artistic proposals can only be submitted online by completing the form at the end of this artistic participation regulation, once the rules for participation have been accepted. Please send one form for each artistic proposal you want to submit. Prior to doing this, you will need to create a user account if you have not already done so.
Once you have submitted the proposal, you will receive a confirmation email with an attached document containing information on the submitted show. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL, PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROPOSAL WILL NOT HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED.
For any further queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fira, as a performing arts fair attended by professional event booking agents (1,122 from 36 countries came to last year’s event), will agree a financial contribution with companies and groups.
Accommodation and meals
For accommodation and meals purposes, Fira will count as members of a company or a group the number of artists/technicians listed plus a maximum of one person in the role of agent or manager.
Fira will provide accommodation for companies and groups travelling from outside Catalonia, depending on the days and times of their performances. Accommodation will be in Manresa or in nearby towns, subject to availability. Rooms will be allocated on a shared basis. If a single room is requested, the supplement will be payable by the artist, provided that such rooms are available.
According to the system established by the organisers, Fira will provide meals (lunch and/or dinner) for companies/groups depending on the days and times of their performances. Meals will be provided only in the following cases:
- Companies/groups performing on consecutive days.
- Companies/groups with two shows per day (morning and afternoon).
- Companies/groups that reside outside Catalonia
Important: the contract for accommodation and meals between Fira and the artist cannot be changed, and changes will not be accepted.
Contract and invoicing
Participation is subject to signing the contract formulated by Fira Mediterrània Foundation and issuing the corresponding electronic invoice “Promotional performance at Fira Mediterrània”.
Access to invitations, to the Business Area and to Stands
Companies or groups selected will be given the status of registered professional delegates and as such will be given two personalised passes with access to all scheduled shows when they reserve tickets for these shows in advance.
For their own performance (if it is a paid-ticket performance), each company or group will be allocated ten invitations per session, except performances with limited seating (up to 100 spectators). For these performances, invitation numbers will be negotiated on an individual basis.
They will also have access to the Business Area, the meeting, exchange and networking area attended by professionals registered at the event.
Artists wanting to have their own stand in the Business Area can do so at a cost of €314 + VAT (4 m2) or €405 + VAT (6 m2), to facilitate business based on offer and demand.
Managers, promoters and promoting companies with two or more artists performing at Fira will be required to purchase one of these stands.
Information about the performance will be produced by Fira using material provided by the artists and will be published via the following mechanisms:
- Fira programme.
- Professional guide.
- Website firamediterrania.cat
- 2.0 tools.
- Attendance at other international fairs of the sector.
Fira Mediterrània will provide the performing companies/groups with the required performance specification, on the basis of the available budget and materials.
If Fira takes photographs and/or makes audio-visual recordings of performances, the artist authorises Fira to use these images for advertising purposes.
Companies or groups selected will receive official confirmation of their participation before 4 July 2018 by email.
Please address any queries by email to: email@example.com
Material to be attached
Please attach the following material with your online application form:
- Artistic portfolio: description of the performance, CV and cast and credits. (Max. 2MB)
- Technical specifications: technical features, staff requirements and size of vehicle needed for transporting sets and equipment. (Max. 2MB)
- At least one photograph of the company or group (in .tif or .jpg format measuring 10x15cm and with a resolution of 300 dpi). (Max. 4MB)
- Video links (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
- Audio links (Spotify, SoundCloud, myspace, bandcamp, DEEZER and others).
Please fill in the online form to participate in the 21st Fira Mediterrània Manresa, which will take place from 4 to 7 October 2018.
1. Register on the Fira website (if you are not already a 2018 user)
2. If you have already registered as a 2018 user on Fira Mediterrània’s website, please submit your artistic proposal as one of the following options:
Manager or promoter